More than three-quarters of the nation's inpatient acute-care hospitals are paid under the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS). The IPPS methodology pays a flat rate based on the average charges across all hospitals for specific diagnoses, regardless of whether that particular patient costs more or less.
Correct DRG assignment is critical to the health of your organization. Coding audits and using the proper tools will allow financial and compliant stability.
The ReviewMate platform assists medical coding auditors analyze specific elements affecting DRG assignment and reimbursement.
In addition to ReviewMate's standard features for auditing, our IPPS module features:
- Identification on the screen of codes with MCC/CC/HAC values.
- Support for Profee audit within the IPPS module.
All auditing account types are considered part of the core of ReviewMate's auditing system that covers many features such as:
- Customizable settings for analyzing overall accuracy rates. Adjust for particular coders, tasks or firms.
- Grouping and pricing take place within the software eliminating the need for auditor to "toggle" between an encoder and ReviewMate for better resequencing decisions.
- Full suite of references including Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, Coding Clinic for HCPCS, Clinotes, Principal Diagnosis Analysis, DRG Analysis, and AHA Coding Handbook
- Built-in code look-up for performing research intuitively.
- Full suite of edits/warnings including gender and age conflicts, MCE edits, critical error and TruCode warnings.
- Reconciliation of rebuttals occurs inside of ReviewMate.
- Conversations between the auditor and coder are saved in a chronological manner and can be accessed by any user.
- Accuracy rates available real-time and can be sliced and diced to accommodate different situations and date patterns.
- Extensive library of customizable and exportable reports from raw data to Executive Summaries.
- Customizable dashboards to enhance the user experience.
- Multiple user levels allow view-only access to any interested parties providing transparency within your organization.
- "Audit the Auditor" available for a higher-level quality check of any audit in ReviewMate.
- Identification on the screen of codes with CMS-HCC values.
Any particular questions or inquiries? We'd like to hear from you.